This luxury private mansion is the second largest residence in London (after Buckingham Palace). The original estate dates back to 1774 and the current mansion was built between 1913 and 1920 – although it has undergone significant remodelling in recent times.
Daedalian Glass Studios was commissioned to create glass column capitals in keeping with the opulent classical style of the building.
Daedalian Glass Studios created and installed a series of Corinthian column capitals with integrated lighting around the subterranean swimming pool. These were created from multiple pieces of cast lead crystal glass and made up of approximately 800 individual pieces.
Integral to this design is its ability to be disassembled when required, to allow access for lighting maintenance.