The Vale complex opened in 1959 and encompasses a memorial chapel, crematorium, and cemetery. It has recently undergone an extensive refurbishment.
Daedalian Glass Studios were commissioned to create a series of glass windows and partitions featuring subtle, nature inspired artwork, suitable for a place of remembrance.
The renovation works upgraded the facilities for visitors, installing high-quality audio systems, facilities to broadcast live services across the internet for anyone unable to attend, and a refurbishment of the facility buildings.
Daedalian Glass Studios created a series of semi-opaque glass partitions and windows to contribute to the serene ambience and private atmosphere for mourners. The glass design drew inspiration from the greenery of the park setting at the Vale, featuring laminated sheer fabrics between low-iron glass with etched leaves on the surface faces.