The Automotive club of Great Britain was founded by Frederick Richard Simms on 10th August 1897 and awarded its royal title by King Edward VII in 1905 to become The Royal Automotive Club (RAC).
The RAC organised the Tourist Trophy in 1905 – the oldest continuous competitive motorsport event, and organised the first British Grand Prix at the Brooklands Oval, Surrey in 1926.
The RAC moved its club house in 1911 to its current location in Pall Mall with a 228 feet frontage and a central depth of 140 feet.
Daedalian Glass Studios was commissioned to design and create a feature bar backing for the Brooklands Dining Room at the Pall Mall RAC Club House.
A semi-circular antique bronze framework was created with a mixture of fused, etched, and laminated glass arranged within.
Two cast crystal eggs were also created and placed on columns to either side of the bar.