Bovey Castle is a grade II listed building on the edge of Dartmoor. It was built in the Jacobean style in 1907 and became a hotel in 1930. It was extended further in the following decade.
Daedalian Glass Studios were commissioned to create four eye-catching floor-to-ceiling panels for the bistro dining area.
Daedalian designed the artwork, taking inspiration from the wind-battered trees found on Dartmoor. For added dramatic effect, the orange within the design gradually changes from a dark to a much lighter shade. These panels were laminated using very white, low iron glass as it works incredibly well in allowing the true colour to show through.