SALARY & BENEFITS: £18,000 per annum + pension contribution. 20 Days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day every two years, up to 25 days.
If you are relocating, assistance can be provided.
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm
Daedalian Glass Studios are a family run business established in 1986, currently with a team of 20 employees. We manufacture and install very high-end specialist glass, with accompanying fixings, frameworks, etc, for private residential and 5* hotels, working primarily for interior designers and architects across high-end sectors, throughout the UK and abroad.
The ideal candidate will hold a degree level qualification in digital marketing and have excellent literacy and numeracy skills. They will be self-motivated and driven to achieve goals set by management and the high standards expected of the Company – displaying a professional work ethic; being calm and focused. Training and support will be provided.
Key responsibilities for the marketing assistant role:
- Creating engaging, informative, and appealing content to share on our website and social media channels.
- Using social media marketing tools (Hootsuite).
- Building a library of engaging content (images and videos of our studio team / completed projects)
- Managing Daedalian Glass Studios sample library.
- Monitoring and reporting on the website performance using Google Analytics.
Training and support will be provided.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £18,000.00 per year
Glass Studio Technician
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting salary of £20,000 – £25,000 per annum, dependent upon experience with salary increase provided upon successful completion of six month probationary period + pension contribution. 20 Days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day every two years, up to 25 days.
If you are relocating, assistance can be provided.
WORKING HOURS: Monday – Friday, 9 – 5pm.
THE COMPANY: Daedalian is one of Europe’s leading glass studios, for the range of decorative glass expertise and the scale of projects delivered, both in the UK and around the world. Founded in 1986, Daedalian remains a family run business, providing in-house design, manufacturing, and installation services for specialist glass decoration, both architectural and artwork. Daedalian’s customers are mainly architects and designers from a wide variety of sectors but focusing on private residential and hospitality.
An excellent opportunity for an experienced glass maker to join the studio team of experienced glass technicians – with the chance to develop and grow within a company of highly skilled people, delivering unique and exciting, and often challenging projects in the UK and abroad.
Key responsibilities for the role:-
Working with other Senior and Junior Glass Technicians on studio production, such as; cutting and carrying glass, preparing kilns for lamination or warm glass firings, prepping stencils for etching, silvering, polishing, gilding, to name but a few techniques
- Accepting deliveries and checking them against purchase orders for quantity and quality
- Working with power tools and studio equipment, along with powders and resins, and other materials
Key experience/skills required for the role:-
- Ideally educated in glass working but otherwise experience in a decorative glass company specialising in one of the disciplines mentioned above or on Daedalian’s website
- There are two Senior roles available – one is for a casting specialist, understanding mould making and having worked with lead crystal or soda
- Good communication and numeracy skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work alone and know when to refer back to management for advice
- Calm and focused approach to working
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Basic IT skills; Microsoft Outlook + Excel
Freelance Studio Technician
As Daedalian continues to grow and win new contracts, we occasionally need to employ experienced and talented freelance artists with a keen eye for detail to work alongside our in-house team for short periods (1 week – 3 months). We are able to organise short-term lodgings for these staff member within the local area and their salary is negotiable, dependent on experience.
We are looking for freelance artists who are skilled in the following techniques: Bevelling; Bonding; Casting; Etching; Fusing; Gilding; Intricate Cutting; Kiln Forming / Slumping; Mould Making; Laminating; Painting; Polishing; Sandblasting; Silvering.
Daedalian Glass Studios founder, Davia Walmsley is a strong believer in contributing towards the community of skilled European artisans by providing internships to students / recent graduates wishing to gain experience. All interns are paid a fair wage – we do not exploit those seeking entry to the industry – and we are happy to organise accommodation as necessary.
Previous interns have traveled from as far away as Germany and the Czech Republic to gain experience and some have returned for multiple years during breaks from formal education. Part of the reason for this is that while interns work under the guidance of experienced glass artists, they are allowed to work on real projects and perform meaningful tasks.
To enquire about an opportunity, please email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com. If you wish to discuss further, telephone +44 (0)1253 702531.